HT - Pairing Devices
Before pairing your BTD adapter to any device, please ensure that the BTD adapter is properly installed on your system. This step may require installing drivers from the included CD or from our website.
- No drivers necessary: Windows 10, Mac OS X
- Optional installation: Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- Required installation: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
Drivers for the BTD-300 and BTD-400 can be downloaded from our downloads page.
Select an operating system: Windows 10 Windows 8/8.1 Windows 7 Windows Vista Windows XP Mac OS X
- Right click the Bluetooth tray icon in system tray (lower right corner) then select Add a Device. Click the Start button/Windows button and type "devices and printers", then open the Devices and Printers program from the search results that appear. When the Devices and Printers program is open, click the "Add a Device" button in the top-left corner. Click the Bluetooth tray icon in the system tray (upper right corner) then select Open Bluetooth Preferences...
A new window will open up and begin searching for Bluetooth devices. Put your Bluetooth device into pairing mode.
- For Android smartphones and tablets: Navigate to Settings > Bluetooth (on), then select your device. It will now be visible for pairing.
- For iPhones and iPads: Navigate to Settings > Bluetooth (on). It will now be visible for pairing.
- For other Bluetooth devices: Refer to your product’s operating instructions for more information.
- While your Bluetooth device is in pairing mode, select the product from the list and press Next. While your Bluetooth device is in pairing mode, select the product from the list and press Next. While your Bluetooth device is in pairing mode, select the product from the list. While your Bluetooth device is in pairing mode, select the product from the list and press Pair.
- Follow the steps in the window, if prompted. During this process, your computer will setup your Bluetooth device and may take several moments. After the setup, you should see that the Bluetooth device has been successfully connected to your computer. If the device was not successfully added, please try adding the device from step 1 again. If you receive any error messages or are still having issues during this process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist you.
The pairing process is now finished. However, further steps may be necessary depending on the Bluetooth device you are using.
- For Bluetooth speakers, headphones, and headsets: You may need to set the Bluetooth device as the default audio playback and recording device.